Friday, July 9, 2010

Pizza Dough

I found a recipe in my 1956 Betty Crocker's cookbook for Italian Pizza Dough that only uses 1/2 tsp of yeast in the recipe. I added a Tblsp of olive oil to the recipe because I liked a softer crust. I put the rest of the yeast in a canning jar for later use. I use to think I had to use the whole yeast packet. Sure glad I found the recipe. Have you ever eaten squirrel? It is in the recipe book also. How about frog legs? There are three frog leg recipes in an old 1943 Joy of Cooking book that I have. I've had frog legs when I was a kid. Do not think I've ever had squirrel though. Quote: After dinner sit a while, and after supper walk a mile. ~English Saying

4 comments:

JoyceAnn said...

Yum , that pizza looks delish ! I have ate frog legs and I've probably ate squirrel too. My Dad was an avid hunter when I was a child. I remember seeing dressed squirrels in the refrigerator soaking in salt water , so they were probably served up for supper that night and being kids we probably thought it was chicken (LOL). My Mom cooked a rabbit a couple of years before my Dad passed , she boiled it , browned it in the frying pan and smothered it in gravy , it was good.

Will pray for everyone on your list.

~ Many Blessings ~

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Thanks JoyceAnn for Praying!!

My Dad was too and he
also like to fish a lot.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding me. I have eaten squirrels, also goat love them both if they are cooked correctly. You can not cook either one to fast. JoyceAnn talking about her Mom cooking rabbit sounds about the same as cooking squirrel. I have also eaten rabbit. Love Hugs and Blessings

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Your Welcome Ninnie!!

I do not think I've
eaten goat before just
have had fresh goat milk
when I was a kid and of
course I've eaten goat
cheeses.

But I am not sure if I've
eaten Wild Mountain Goat,
or not. Mostly Elk, Deer
and I think we have eaten
Bear when I was a kid.

I also have had rabbit.

God Bless You and Yours!!!