Sunday, May 2, 2010

The 24 Hour Sting?

Do you know if this is {Stining Nettle}, Field Nettle or another type of nettle seen here in photos? 24 hr. Sting!
Bless the Weeds and Let them Grow, Learn to Know them, so You can Appreciate their Show. ~Flassie

6 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Experience showed me
that it does have a
24 hour sting to it.

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Flassie ~ I'm not sure about the nettles. Would love to learn more about them , but if they stung you , it is probably nettle. I remember getting stung by them as a child when we went fishing along the river bank. You may want to leave a comment over at the " Herbal Roots Zine " , asking Kristine to popover and take a look , maybe she can help identify . I'll look for info and see what I can find out about them.

~ Be Blessed ~

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Flassie ~ Me again , check-out this site ~ http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/Plants.Folder/Nettle.html ~ it has some great info about nettles.

~ Happy Herbal Blessings ~

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Oh, Thanks JoyceAnn!!

Good info that I needed to know.
I added the link in my blog entry.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

tansy said...

flassie, red tinted stinging nettle! how pretty, i've never seen that variety before! from what i can see, it is definitely nettles....the flowers match, the leaves match, the stem (looks like 4 fused together) matches, the sting matches....yum! i love nettles!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Oh, Thank You Tansy for
helping me id them!!

God Bless You and Yours!!!