Saturday, November 24, 2007

{~*~Flaxseed Micro Pillow~*~}

Dd brought home some material to make Flaxseed Microwave Pillows. She had bought the dark flaxseeds but since then has found out the golden ones are better for this project. So I set up my Featherweight and made my first one last night. I had some lavender and let me tell you, a little lavender will do, if you add it to the seeds. We did read though that about the 12th time the scent wouldn't be as strong. She loved it and let me use it last night to warm my bed. I had wrapped it in a towel and put it at the bottom of my bed under the blankets. I have a hard time going to sleep if my feet are not warm in the cold months of the year. The next ones we make are going to be with covers that way they can be taken off and washed. I won't have to wrap it in a towel that way either. If a 100% cotton is used you have to wash in cold water and air dry. Otherwise they will shink in warm or hot water and in the dryer. I know I seen a tutorial on this but I can't seem to find it. I think the way I will make the covers is sort of like making a pillow sham, but a little different. I'll let you know what we come up with. Do your research for microwave wattages are different. Not all microwaves are the same. That will determine how long you microwave it. That and the size of the pillow. We are also going to make pocket ones. Check out my other blog entry that I added tutorial links for other gifts you can make. Scroll down to this months blog entries list to find it. Have fun making handmade gifts! Happy Holidays!