Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Amongst Cabbages

I bought this some years ago at an estate sale. Do you think it's the first altered book? lol! The split peas in this book reminds me of when, I use to love to go out into the garden when I was a child and eat fresh peas off the vine. You'd find me amongst the peas, although I love cabbage too. One of my sils gave me a recipe she got from one of her aunts called, Iya Oya some years ago. You saute garlic til brown in olive oil, add a can of oil packed tuna and cooked spaghetti. So yummy. We added peas a lot of times. This year I think it was I didn't have any noodles so I decided to use shredded cabbage and a can of water packed tuna instead. So yummy and my favorite way to make it now. Add salt & pepper. {P L}

2 comments:

JoyceAnn said...

Neat book , Flassie. It does have that altered look. The recipe for Iya Oya sounds good , may give it a try. I love cabbage and peas too.

~ Be Blessed ~

Flassie's Fil'a said...

The person glued Amoungst the Cabbages on the front and must of added the stamp on the inside with a little package of split peas and cut the hole in the pages.

I hope you enjoy the recipe.

Thanks for stopping by!!

God Bless You and Yours!!!