Friday, August 14, 2009

{~*~ Pillowcase Pocket~*~}

In this photo is a pillowcase pants pocket. I took two pieces of left over material from mak- ing the sleevless part of a dress to make a pocket for the pants. I sewn two pieces together, the wrong sides facing each other and left an opening enough to turn right side out. I machine stitched around it and blanket stitched the pocket to the pants by hand. The pants turned out to be more like capri pants. Here is a link to matching dress at: {60's Mod Pillowcase Dress}

2 comments:

Artsy Craftery Design Studio said...

Hi Flassie: Nice pattern for those pillowcase pants.

You gave me a nice comment some time ago and I haven't had a chance to respond. I have thought about submitting to my fav mags such as Cloth, Paper & Scissors, Somerset Studio and Crafts 'N Things.

At this time I don't have the time or money. Most of them want the actual artwork to be packed and shipped, with return postage included also. And also I am not yet willing to have any of my artwork out of commission as they hold it until they are ready to send it back.

I certainly hope to submit some of my work to these nice publications in the future.

Thank you for the sweet comment and God Bless You in a special way this evening.

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Flassie , That will be a darling outfit , for sure. Would love to see full view of the pants.

Hope all is well with you.

~ Blessings ~
JoyceAnn