Monday, September 8, 2008

{~*~Of My Youth~*~}

The wind swirled with the scents of my youth, I don't know how to explain it, why the memories of my walk today were not from any other time, Walking down a path between homes the cut grass smells of a time spent in the park of my childhood, A sweet- ness in the air brought memories of swim caps and clorinated water at the public pool, ketchup only from that time period, even cow manure reminds me of the time when the twins and I tried to herd the cows, the river must be miles away but I can smell it, something in the park smells like my friends chicken coop, even the light and the heat of the day, a Blue Bird with something in it's mouth while flying makes a noise that sounds like a vintage toddler toy, I see myself playing with it, a Morning Dove keeps it's eye on me. Has this ever happen to you?